13 Ways to Say Busy
1. I am busy.
I’m really busy.
I’m kind of busy.
She is sort of busy.
We will be unbelievably busy next week.
They were so busy yesterday.
Mark might be a little busy tomorrow.
2. I’m as busy as a bee.
3. I’m slammed.
4. I’m so busy (that) I can’t even…
- I’m so busy that I can’t even go to the bathroom.
- I’m so busy that I can’t even go to lunch.
- I’m so busy that I can’t even go home tonight.
- I’m so busy that I can’t even think.
- I am so busy that I don’t even have time to eat.
- She is so busy that she didn’t have time to go to her mother’s birthday party.
5. I’m buried (in work).
6. I’m overwhelmed (with work).
- I was so overwhelmed by their kindness that I cried.
7. I’m up to my ears in work.
This is a fun idiom that shows that we have so much work. It is like we are drowning in work. This is almost exactly the same as “I’m buried (in work)”.
8. I’ve got a lot on my plate.
This is a common idiom that is used to say that we are busy. This just means that we have a lot to do.
9. I’m behind on my work.
“To be behind on ones’ work” means that we are behind schedule. For example, it is Wednesday, but I still haven’t finished Monday’s work. So, this usually means that the person is very busy because they have a lot of work to finish.
10. I’m tied up.
Now, let’s look at some different ways to say that a place is busy and that there are many people.
11. It’s crowded.
This is the basic way to say that a place is busy and that there are many people.
12. It’s packed.
- The store was packed. It was hard to move.
- The club was packed. It was so much fun.
13. It’s a madhouse.
- The store was a madhouse. It was terrible.